Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 Year-end Summary and Gratitude …

2010 Year-end Summary and Gratitude …


December 28, 2010 by normajeansun



What a year this has been!

Bless you and thank you again for your support and kindness in my journey and struggles. Although the path has not been always smooth, it has been paved with love and generosity from all those I have traveled with …



The Year started with a BANG and the newly released ‘Final Editors Edition of Norma Jean’s Sun on December 15th, just two weeks prior to the New Year. And as of to date, the Amazon reviews are holding steady in rating (4.6 out of 5 Stars)!!! I had the honor over the past 12 months to promote and present book club signings, appearances and speak to the content, message and impact of this True Story Memoir. It is my hope and prayers that the experiences of my life, the lessons learned and travel endured will continue to inspire, move and engage the reader to a meaningful experience also.



My artistic activity in 2010 has been nothing short of a Gods Blessing and gift. In May 2010, I was again recognized by the Art Academy of Cincinnati for a third event and presented in the SOS-2010 ART10, Sociopolitical Expression gallery. This show contained works from all over the United States and was primarily focused on awareness and the movement of Artistry to impact the community. “Broken Fence & Pain Faces”



The year did not stop here by no means.

“Play Me, I’m Yours – Street Piano” by Luke Jerram was presented as an available expression through Urban Environment and the capturing of space in August. Together, International Artist Luke Jerram & American Artist Kris Courtney join forces to create a graphic bridge of Urban Expression. By the efforts of Oxford Community Arts Center director Caroline Croswell and the Public Radio Celebration of Greater Cincinnati to celebrate the anniversaries of 90.9 WGUC (50 years), 91.7 WVXU (40 years), and 88.5 WMUB Oxford – I was asked to lead a task of artists to present a Symbolic Icon. Under the theme of international unity, I was inspired to present abstract views of American and UK flags in brilliant primary colors. Chrissy Collopy added her avant-garde expressions, and Stephanie Zing contributed a delightful glass and found object mosaic to the work. Questioning the ownership and rules of public space ‘Play Me I’m Yours’ is a provocation, inviting the public to engage with, activate and take ownership of their urban environment.



Simultaneously at this same period, Starbucks Coffee house provided and acknowledged gallery & display space for three of my more earthy toned and Java themed works to become center display items in the local Café. “Pueblo, Pacific 1 & Back Alley”



Soon following as the year rolled into the second half, my collection of recognized work and benevolent involvements began to draw additional exposure. “Finished Nude” an original Ink on Canvas, was recognized and accepted as the Feature Submission to International Musical Group – Coldplay. This painting was liked on Facebook and other Social Media sites for the entire first week of September. Ironic to that being around the same time I turned 51 in age – Oh well, getting old does seem to have its rewards.



In the past year I created a number of works that seemed to follow a power or energy of impression and yet still contained inside Primitive Literalism. Each painting subtle to contain another view and only disclosed upon closer exam. I use a large amount of effort to release what I envision and pray the viewer can not only observe, but also feel and view the information contained inside the brush stroke. With “One, Storm & ACT” serving as the flagship works for 2010, I found myself emerging into a wider view of what I can and can not become a part of in my artistry. I am limited, humbling in acceptance to that fact yet still gives me great pleasure and power to live in a surrendered state to what I can become…



In October I signed an agreement to move into an old broken down house that even to this day, has a leaky roof! Who’s STUPID Idea was this anyway??? Oh, I guess it was mine huh… Well, the house is situated on a main thoroughfare just outside Oxford and now – I have begun to open my own Private Gallery & Studio with a tentative date for the ‘Artist’s in the Corner’ Music & Art festival in College Corner with National Blues Musician Jim Jackson (Bad Men on a Mission) June 12th 2011. The focus I wanted to express was to provide a benevolent support to a community in struggle with the current economic concerns and hopefully provide a revenue generating event. The goal is also to capture eclectic and unique true Artisans for a small and genuine Fine Arts event. The response has already been larger than expected and assures that no matter what, we are going to have some fun on that Sunday afternoon – please consider a visit…



Wow, what a year this was. A move (as needed), an award winning event (as grateful), national book promotion (as blessed), illness (as usual), failures (as accepted) and the support of all you in each of my tasks. I can not move another inch forward without telling each and everyone of you how much it means and inspires me to know you have enjoyed my talents. They are God given in my heart and truly belong to you, I am only the carrier and messenger. If I have served no other purpose in 2010 other than to make you aware of a benevolent cause, shine a light on a need or color your sight with imagery, then it has been enough and I appreciate that moment. I have struggled this year but I have also found the sincere joy in knowing there are those of you who love me, care for me and are also looking forward to my artistry and journey. The year to come is filling fast and with Foster Child Enrichment ‘Suitcase Full of Blues’ April 30th, 2011 & Artist’s in the Corner, it is shaping up to be a Blast! I invite you to come along with me, take the lead or allow me to walk with you. Either way, I pray that your heart and soul is filled with Peace, Happiness and the Prosperity to do for others in 2011…



Thank you,



Kris

www.kriscourtney.com

Posted in Fine Arts, Street Piano, Tagged amazon, american artist, american artist kris courtney, art, art academy, artistic, author, award, based on a true story, based on true story, best seller, bestseller, canvas, Cincinnati, coldplay, coldplay music, ebook, facebook, featured artist, fine artist, fine arts, for sale, gallery, goodbye norma jean, kindle, kris allen courtney, kris courtney, kriscourtney.com, Luke Jerram, norma jean book, norma jean memoir, norma jean sun, normas son, oil painting, oxford, painter, primitive literalism, prints, Street Piano, true story, true story memoir, twitter, writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep content and detail related to Norma Jean's Sun and subjects associated. Thank you...