Friday, May 20, 2011

Been there, Done that - I'll be here on Sunday

2011 end times prediction

The 2011 end times prediction made by Christian radio host Harold Camping states that the Rapture (in premillennial theology, the taking up into heaven of God's elect people) will take place on May 21, 2011 at 6 p.m. local time (the rapture will sweep the globe time zone by time zone) and that the end of the world as we know it will take place five months later on October 21, 2011. Camping, president of the Family Radio Christian network, claims the Bible as his source and says May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment "beyond the shadow of a doubt". His followers claim that around 200 million people (approximately 3% of the world's population) will be raptured.
 

In my life I have seen many things, experienced many loss and died twice! Yes, I said died. In 2008 I had a full GI Bleed and lost 7 units of blood, spent 5 full days in ICU, transfusions and much more medical issue than one could have hoped for that day I woke at 8am. Not knowing I would be dead 4 hours later, I had no need or desire to scurry around for a last moment forgiveness as most do when warned before. I'm not knocking forgiveness, it has its place and the acts that are promoted, serve the audience well for the effect it gives, peace of mind...

What I really want to express here through a couple excerpts of my Memoir and the fact that when I experienced personal rapture, the event was silent. Not even a chance to say good bye. In addition to the GI Bleed, I have also successfully committed suicide.

In a moment of desperation, the previous person whom I no longer wish to be, selfishly committed an act of rebellion against the very fear many are talking about today by taking my life in a car at 100mph with purpose and sober focus. As that car rolled and tumbled, I found that God had captured my soul and heart long before I felt the touch and as I bounced around like a rag-doll, his hand reached inside that car and without "Any" doubt said: "It's Okay, I've got you now" It is there I have resided ever since. I stroll to the tips of his hand many times to peak at the fall, entertain the other side. Just check to see if Hell is still there perhaps ...

In both of these events, one predictable and the other not, I came out of that experience an new man and individual capable of an understanding not known prior. That doesn't mean I am anything other than old fool and a man who believes. And I believe that if in Fact "YOUR World" ends on May 21, 2001 - that you are able to find peace and transparent passage into a vision that you have come to terms with. Mine results in an understanding that my Deeds are done, My Heart is Safe and my Soul is Clean!

One last thing, as a direction of confusion I have wrestled with self worth over the years and attempted to use objects to define my path. I still do perhaps through my art and book but these are the assets I own without reserve and it took me 40 years to purchase them. They can not be taken away by any other means than vacancy. SO I share with you something that was given to me many years ago and pray that it gives you a pause for thought and consideration:

When I base my life on Sex, I'm always lonely...
When I base my life on Money, I'm always Broke...
When I base my life on Prestige, I am always Second Best...
When I put my life on a Spiritual Principle, there is Never a Second Best...


That's about it, here are a couple excerpts from the book that speak to my personal experience and only my experience. Bless you and I'll see you Sunday ...

Kris
www.kriscourtney.com


(pg 230)
Time was empty; it paused unwittingly.
My suicide attempt left me with the car crushed around my less-than five- foot body. I was on top of the drive shaft and between the bucket seats. The cartilage in my chest and back had been shredded and torn. My face was studded with broken glass and blood was everywhere. My legs were battered and bruised, flakes of severed glass particles protruding from their flesh. My hands shook in terror. I hung in an upside-down, crooked position, which led me to think I was in a ditch. Was this the feeling I had missed so many years ago when Hollywood had lost his life on a similar stretch of road? “God, help me!” I cried.

 The officer hovered over me. He assumed my tire had gotten stuck in the gravel and I had over corrected. I let him believe it. I replied with a strained “yes,” and that was the end of the discussion. I can say with out reservation that as the car slid and tumbled over the pavement, as it went crashing and splintering into the night, nothing could have saved me but the divine hand of God, which had reached itself into that battered car and wrapped its palm around me to comfort and protect me.

I had raged and revolted against the force of creation responsible for my grotesque image for all the years of my life, but in that moment I had experienced the touch of God’s hand. I suddenly knew that His life force existed; I had no question, no doubt. It would be many years before I again felt His touch as I had that day. But my belief and trust in a God who knows me, who resides over our souls, who shares His bounty of love, has never wavered again.

 It would also be years before I could accept this divine love.

Norma Jean's Sun Memoir ( Based on a True Story )

My life has been filled with penalties...penalties I suffered for the actions of others as well as my own. Some will say punishment is of our own making and I would have to agree, and the weight of this knowledge I will take with me when I go. Yet I have endured the path, the dusty Midway that existed on trinkets and glitz, and returned to that same illusion over and over in an effort to grab that elusive ring of change, the golden ring to solve my struggles, a reward to counter the penalties of sin.

Forgiveness is only a short grasp away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep content and detail related to Norma Jean's Sun and subjects associated. Thank you...